The City of Burlington is currently seeking board members for the Board of Adjustment and Appeals and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The Board of Adjustment and Appeals functions and powers include:
- hearing appeals of decisions rendered by zoning administrators.
- interpret unclear provisions in the zoning ordinance.
- decide on applications by landowners to permit buildings or land uses which vary from the zoning regulations.
The Planning and Zoning Commissions functions and powers include:
- prepare and submit to the Council for its approval a master plan for the physical development of the City and areas adjacent to.
- approval of all plats proposed for subdivisions before being presented to the Council for approval.
- hold hearings relative to zoning and changes in the zoning ordinance, and make recommendations to the Council.
- has the power to perform the functions and follow the procedures set forth in the Statutes of the State of Colorado. The requirements to apply for a board position:
- taxpaying elector.
- reside in the area comprising the city at the time of appointment. Applications are available at City Hall, 415 15th Street, Burlington, CO 80807 or online (PDF). Turn in an application and a letter of interest to Shelly Clark at City Hall, or by email.