The City Clerk's office provides a variety of services that support the City Council, City Departments, and City residents.
The City Clerk is responsible for the management of the City's official records, public disclosure, City Council support, legal noticing, and other special projects.
The City Clerk is responsible for:
- Acts as Clerk to the City Council. Responsible for the scheduling, posting and coordinating of the meetings of the City Council and recording of official minutes for the meetings.
- Legal notices
- Maintaining inter-local agreements and contracts
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Codification of ordinances into the Burlington Municipal Code
- Serves as custodian of official City records
- Maintains custody of the City seal
- Records retention
- Administers Building Permits
- Administers Liquor Licenses
- Administers municipal elections
- Notary Public
- Responsible for the administration of CIRSA liability insurance function for the City.